Emergency Call For Medical Aid
Procedure For The Square
1. When a square dancer is injured or falls during a dance, a second individual attends to the affected person.
2. The remaining dancers in that square join hands at waist level and take a step backwards. This provides space around the affected dancer and attendant.
3. If the affected dancer needs further medical assistance, the surrounding dancers raise joined hands high forming an arched circle around the injured person.
4. On seeing this signal, a hosting club official immediately takes charge of the incident.
5. Others in the hall refrain from crowding around the injured individual and attending officials.
6. The injured dancer and witnesses to the incident may be asked to provide statements for an accident report and insurance purposes.
7. The following downloadable Word document is the procedure in greater detail: